Reptile Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
no, not at all! if you are going to be filling your fish tank all the way up with water, then you need a glass or acrylic tank made to hold the water (aquarium tank). aquarium tanks are desigend to with hold water pres. from all four sides and esp. the bottom. if tried in the wrong aquarium, the bottom will surely give way, if the sides don't.

no, not at all! if you are going to be filling your fish tank all the way up with water, then you need a glass or acrylic tank made to hold the water (aquarium tank). aquarium tanks are desigend to with hold water pres. from all four sides and esp. the bottom. if tried in the wrong aquarium, the bottom will surely give way, if the sides don't.

8O can you say quadruple post... that's the first one I've seen... anyway trent, make sure you click submit only once. even if it doesn't seem like it went through, as soon as you hit submit, it's gone through...
Anyway, tanks...? Keep in mind you could always join some of us over at www.reptileadvice.com and find some other good ways to use those tanks... I'm glad I don't see used tanks too often because I'd be tempted to buy everyone... I just picked up a 20-21 gal hex tank and I could have gotten all the extra stuff, filter, pump, decorations and so on, but I already have too many spares and I plan on using this fish tank for a reptile tank... I'm good at doing that... You could always keep some toads or newts if you're not into reptiles...

Psyhampster said:
actually, would one of these work for crayfish/hermit crabs? if so, what filtration/substrate etc. would i need?
yeah. it would be good as a (shallow) half water half land. no filtration needed for such small amount of water. just frequent cleaning and refill of water.

any substrate will be fine as long as it is rinced out good. larger sand or little pepples would be fine. its up to you. :D

Back
Top Bottom