Rescaped

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jlbfish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I rescaped my 28 gallon bow front. I wante bigger river rocks and some real plants to match the background but all I found was small stones. One step at a time

What do you think? I think it needs a lighter colored substrate.

Thanks!
Jana

Attachments

• image-1660931291.jpg
    image-1660931291.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 129
  • image-2655242757.jpg
    image-2655242757.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 126
The stones will just sort of blend in with a lighter substrate. The black makes the rocks stand out. I think what is off is that the 3 stones are lined up like a walking path unless that is what you were aiming for. Try leaving the back two but moving the front one over under the overhang of the DW on the right. Also adding a few little Crypt Parva's would give the smaller rocks a nice accent. Parva's stay small and are really neat looking little crypts. Or take that small plant in the first picture and move it right off the end of the DW to break the small rocks up. It will also add more dimention to the front of the tank.

Great Idea thanks! I will try that. I am not sure real plants will do in that tank. It has 3 led pucks from Home Depot. Not thinking that is enough :/ when I replacet he lights I will definitely look into those!

Thanks!

Tried to take the advice. Got some new plants. Can't do real with this lighting.

Thanks all!

Attachments

• image-205573950.jpg
    image-205573950.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 73
Back
Top Bottom