rescued angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Canary bird

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi all i recently rescued an angelfish who had been left in a 120 litre tank on his own for 3 weeks ..no food nothing !! The tank was green with algae and really hot as the heater was on at 30 and the tank was right next to the window.. The New tenants of the apartment contacted me she didn't even know there was a fish in there until they began to empty the tank , so i took the fish and the tank for €40 .. Bargain as its less than 12 months old. The little angelfish was jet black .... Well he isn't now he is beautiful and loving his New clean home (i think he was covered in algae ) .. And name ;)
Let me introduce Bruce

ForumRunner_20140525_110130.jpg

This was the horrid green tank.. 5 hours later :)

ForumRunner_20140525_110735.jpg

It's solid both myself and my hubby stood on it together to check, it had an 80 and a 40 on there before so it's only the same ;) it will be moved to a purpose built unit eventually :)

Good solid hardwood :)

As for the fish I've the angelfish 4 mollies 10 guppies and 15 corys and a bn Pleco and 2 ottos in there, I'm going out next week to try to find some ottos , but apart from that I'm ok , don't want to over crowd it , some of the corys are going to new homes in a few weeks, they were born in the 40 litre so very happy at the moment loads of room ;)

That's a good assortment of fish. I find that Molly's and Plecos seem to get along with most other fish. We had a Molly that liked to pal around with a Discus.

The mollies are getting chased by the guppies,, who are a third of their size... But all seem to be holding their own, all the fish except Pleco and ottos are what I've bred so they are all my babies ;)

The mollies are getting chased by the guppies,, who are a third of their size... But all seem to be holding their own, all the fish except Pleco and ottos are what I've bred so they are all my babies ;)

They need help!

I run guppy training courses and obedience classes - bring your own leash, no snails :). Actually I wish some one did that for loaches...

Edit - test.

Last edited:
I have a 1/2 inch guppy who chases my danios around. He is so scrappy. I haven't noticed any damage, I think he is more annoying than anything.

Back
Top Bottom