Rescued fish ID

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mudraker

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am trying to ID a small freshwater fish I acquired when buying an existing “gold fish tank” a few weeks back. I have reason to believe it doesn’t belong with goldfish as the tank was overcrowded, full of inappropriate tank mates, and the former owners didn’t have a clue about what kind of fish they had.

It is about half the size in length and girth as my adult black neon tetras. He is an eager eater of flake for sure and appears to be a gill breather. Since I put him (don’t know his sex but I call him the English Patient) in my planted 30 gal cube he spends most of his time mid-tank nibbling my plants especially the water sprite. He is an especially fast swimmer. He doesn’t bother the tetras, juvenile swords or rasbooras. However, a tetra kind of decided to take a nip at its tale and he turned around and chased it into the plants.

I need to know how to properly care for this little guy!

Attachments

• The English Patient.jpg
    The English Patient.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 55
He actually reminds me of a rasbora from that pic. some kind of scissortail panda rasbora :D lol it would be cool

It's tail is scissortail-like in the tail, but its top fin is thin, high and very pointy. The black spots are also throwing me off.

I must have looked at 100s of fish photos the last week! Its also small and could change shape and color if he's not full grown.

Back
Top Bottom