Research on Freshwater Fish Locations.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Taiken5968

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Does anyone know of a website that has aquarium fish and plants organized by their location.

So basically I'd like to do some research because I want to do a tank in the future that has species that originate from the same general area. Like the Amazon for example.

I want to make lists of comparable species, by location so that I can choose what fish will look best to me, be within my budget, and within my ability to, care for.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

In one of the older book series by TFH publications, Atlas of tropical fish, the fish were categorized by country of origin with the addition of the man made versions of many of the fish. I'm not sure if that series is available online as a website.
You can try here to see if this fits what you are looking for. Freshwater Fish Species by Country

Hope this helps (y)

In one of the older book series by TFH publications, Atlas of tropical fish, the fish were categorized by country of origin with the addition of the man made versions of many of the fish. I'm not sure if that series is available online as a website.
You can try here to see if this fits what you are looking for. Freshwater Fish Species by Country

Hope this helps (y)

I think this will help a lot. I'm going to try to have plants that match the location too, but once I decide what fish I want, I can then look for the plants specifically.

Thanks a lot. It will be quite a while before I can do this, but when I move out of my apartment all my research will be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Planet catfish is helpful to a degree in this regard as well. Obviously only for catfish though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom