Restarting a tank ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lazysummerhome

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all! I used to be on here as Snake_apartment , reference to the almighty Grindcore band Man Is The Bastard. I couldnt figure out my login so I am back with a Grateful Dead song ref.haha. Anyway , I have a 12 gallon fluval edge live planted. Only have two neons and a pleco. As for plants I have some swords and grass and such. I have no extra light or anything. Everything seems fine and it’s been going 3 + years strong. Considering re starting it. I’ve gotten some algae and I think the soil may be ready to be replaced. Any advice on this ? I may want to take a new approach to how I plant it. I don’t know. Maybe just a fresh breath. What are your thoughts ? What else can I do ? Any advice on saving the fish . Etc.

Not sure. I’m a n00b for sure. Small little brown and tan chiller. He’s small. Like 3 years old and only about 2 inches long.

Ok that sounds more like a bristle nose than a common to me because of it's size at 3 years but there are others on here more learned than I. I've been sold a few commons for Bristles which in your small tank would be disastrous. I'll leave the rest of your questions for the experts

I think if it was a common he'd be around 8-9 inches after 3 years. Pics always help and are welcome.

Back
Top Bottom