Restock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Impolite

Aquarium Advice Regular
K, so... I've had a tank set up for a week, maybe two, idk.

It houses:

One dwarf gourami
Four pygmy cories
One female guppy

I was going to get more guppies because a friend has about a million of them, but this guppy poops A LOT

Like, I've never seen a fish that always has poop behind it. My bettas are secretive poopers and so are my carp and catfish

But this one poops ALL THE TIME. which makes me not want more. I swear I probably got at least 10 poops in one spot from this fish.

K, now, what can I restock it with?

Can I restock with something else?

How about ghost shrimp, will the cories or gourami be like "ooh yum" or is it fine to get 6-7?
I got a thing they could climb all over.
Heck, I'd like to climb all over it! :p

Has the tank only been set up for a week and you added fish? If so, don't add anything else. The tank probably isn't cycled. Do you have a liquid test kit, like the API Master kit? If so, test the water now; if nitrite and/or ammonia are over .25 do a large water change; same with nitrate over 20. There's two links in my signature for you to read: new tank with fish and what is cycling.

How big is the tank? Is it planted with lots of hiding places?

Edit: ya you should probably answer the other questions first. I thought it was stocked for a week not just set up.

This is the tank

Attachments

• image-585459570.jpg
    image-585459570.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 65
Whoa! Its been set up, I meant just set up with fish. Like the fish have only been in it that long.
It's probably been more than a week, probably two...

+1 to library girl
If it isn't cycled you need to do water changes to bring ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates.

Edit: Haha the way you worded it sounded like you had a tank up for a week and put fish in.

Yesss. It was set up weeks before fish were even added.

Seeded by another one of my tanks.

And I can't get the ammonia, nitrates, nitrites right now because I'm leaving

Alright so it was cycled then you put fish in? Sorry for asking over and over but I just have to make sure. And that's a ten gallon tank?

Well in that case, I have a small 10g filled with guppies. I have black sand and they never really poop everywhere! maybe the food? Anyways, I also have a blue gourami and a fire red gourami, these are the poopers.
I have ghost shrimp in there too and no one messes with them. Although they are pretty big already, if you introduced new shrimp some might not make it IMO.

picture_117 said:
Well in that case, I have a small 10g filled with guppies. I have black sand and they never really poop everywhere! maybe the food? Anyways, I also have a blue gourami and a fire red gourami, these are the poopers.
I have ghost shrimp in there too and no one messes with them. Although they are pretty big already, if you introduced new shrimp some might not make it IMO.

A blue gourmi in a 10G tank? I'm not to sure if you should have more then one gourmi in that small of a tank but idk. I might just not know much. Haha. But to the OP I think if you put more hiding places you'll have more survive but you still won't have them all make it.

Back
Top Bottom