Restock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If I had a 10 gallon, I'd make a red cherry shrimp tank out of it. I'm fascinated by my 16 gallon RCS. I would also consider having a single spectacular male betta in the 10.

What kind of species are you drawn to? If you give us a list, we can help you choose best.

Im adding plants I like to breed gouramis, I'm attracts to schooling fish not tetras or LIVEBEARERS, thinking about doing a pair of balack convict cichlids with plants and and some shrimp that's all. Would that be okay?

Convicts need a much larger tank. If you already have fish, which it sounds like you do, then you've probably done research on what tank sizes different species need. You'd have to stick with nano species mostly for a 10 gallon. A school of ember tetras (yes, I know, no tetras) would look amazing in a planted 10. Maybe celestial pearl danios?

I'm not familiar with most of the smaller species, but I'm sure others will chime in.

Go to the lfs with a pad and pencil. When you have a list of the fish that you really like, come back and post it. We can help you stock then since there seem to be a lot of species you don't want.

You could also check out the buy/sell/trade section here. I know that Severum Mama lists photos of the species she has for sale and she's very reputable.

I have a flame gourami in my 46 gallon community. In my opinion, they don't belong in anything smaller than a 20. That's just my opinion, which is based on my experience with the species and the well-being of the fish. You can either do your own research or wait for someone else to contribute to this thread.

greenterrortigeroscar said:
List of options:

shrimp
cories
plecos
cichlids
gourami
glo fish

NOTHING ELSE... Thanks.

The only thing on that list i would do in a ten are shrimp, pigmy cories and glo fish. just my opinion.

I've never had a problem with the anubias that I've gotten from PETCO other than I didn't rinse them first and encountered a hitchhiker snail problem.

Just look at the leaves and if they look good buy em and rinse em off real good when u get home. Then plant however u want.

How about a little group of sparkling gourami since they stay small

Back
Top Bottom