Restocking a 29 gal!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maestromad

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hello there!
My 29 gal is looking a bit empty with its inhabitants only being 4 male show guppies (not full size) and 2 ottos!
I'm definitely looking to source some khuli loaches for the bottom as I've moved my corys out into my betta tank.
It is moderately planted with some crypts, baby tears and something else I can't remember the name of.
Any suggestions greatly received ?

maestromad said:
Hello there!
My 29 gal is looking a bit empty with its inhabitants only being 4 male show guppies (not full size) and 2 ottos!
I'm definitely looking to source some khuli loaches for the bottom as I've moved my corys out into my betta tank.
It is moderately planted with some crypts, baby tears and something else I can't remember the name of.
Any suggestions greatly received ?de04

Maybe 2 angels? That's what I am planning to get for my 29. Or maybe bolivian rams? I also love bn plecos.

FishFanatic88 said:
+1 for a German Blue Ram pair, and maybe a school of 5-7 neon tetras too.

Go with cardinal tetras. They are bigger and not as sensitive, so I've experienced.

Ooh I'm liking the sound of rams. Would they be good with the khuli loaches too? The tanks been running since October are there any specific things they would need.

calfishguy said:
Id go with the rams and tetras or dwarf rainbows. two angels in a 29 wont work.

Just wondering, why would two angels not work? I heard they would but I could be wrong.

Thanks guys but I don't want angels. I'm liking the ram idea if anyone has any top tips for keeping them it would be great :)

maestromad said:
Ooh I'm liking the sound of rams. Would they be good with the khuli loaches too? The tanks been running since October are there any specific things they would need.

My Bolivian rams are with 4 khuli loaches and all is peaceful. Go for it!

maestromad said:
My pH is around 7.2/7.6 is that going to be a problem for them?

No it shouldn't just make sure to acclimate slowly.

And for the angels in a 29 I think it's too small for a permanent home. One would do but IMHO 2 is too much.

maestromad said:
My pH is around 7.2/7.6 is that going to be a problem for them?

Shouldn't be. I've been told they like more acidic water but my tank is around 7.2 and my pair do just fine. I'm a huge fan of the blue and Bolivian rams. I had a pair of each till I lost one of my Bolivians. I second the suggestion of trying to get a male and female.

I shall start investigating this week. I have some plants inthe tank, a log cave and an arch decoration. Anything else they may need? Hopefully I'll be able to find some good stock in one of the local stores!

Back
Top Bottom