Restocking after deaths

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tamtam

Aquarium Advice Addict
After a round of illness took out a good chunk of my stock I am starting to rethink how I want to stock my tank. I'm not ready just yet to start stocking. I want to be sure the remainder of my fish are healthy and it's only been a week. It's never too early to start thinking though and I'm trying to look on the brighter side.

My tank is 30 gallons and original stock was

1 koi angel
5 neons
5 lambchop rasbora
1 sunset gourami
4 platy

Now I have
the angelfish
gourami
4 neons and a single platy.

I'm actually thinking that I may set up my 20 gallon and move the neons and platy over to that and build on both schools. Maybe another 4-5 neons and 4 or 5 more platy.

So what would you do for both tanks if it were you.

30 gallon - angel, sunset gourami and???

20 gallon - neons, platy and???

20 Gallon - 2 Sunset Gourami, Platy, 7 Tetra and maybe a few small Corydoras

30 Gallon - 2 Angels, 5 Corydoras Julii, 7 Lemon or Head & Tail light Tetra

20 Gallon - 2 Sunset Gourami, Platy, 7 Tetra and maybe a few small Corydoras

30 Gallon - 2 Angels, 5 Corydoras Julii, 7 Lemon or Head & Tail light Tetra

2 angels in a 30?? I've always thought I needed a larger tank to hold 2. I won't be upgrading anytime soon so this would need to be their forever home.

Try to pair them up - male/female, might get some fry - I also find the colours show better in a pair. Keep the Neons out, Angels feed on Neons in the wild, at some point they could end up as lunch, bigger bodied Tetra are safer.

Try to pair them up - male/female, might get some fry - I also find the colours show better in a pair. Keep the Neons out, Angels feed on Neons in the wild, at some point they could end up as lunch, bigger bodied Tetra are safer.

yes, I was planning to move the neons out as the angel grew. It is still young. Between 2 and 3 inches so not a huge worry yet.

I'd love to have a pair but I can't figure out if my angel is a male or female. I want to say male but I'm not certain at all. It does have a forked front fin but it's only 1 of the 2.. I'm not sure if it was an injury he received before or not as the second fin is not the same.

Back
Top Bottom