Right Temperature?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vega

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 4" fan fix in in the hood. I think it cause too much movement for the water surface as i am using C02.

Thinking of switching it off. But water temp will increase.

With fan = 76F-82F
Without fan = 78F-86F

Wat temp is recommended?
Anyway i also not able find any info in web on what is the effect to tetra in tank with higher temp (78-86F). Any advise or link?

TQs.

pH 7, Near 0 ppm for NO2 NO3, NH.
Heavy planted 200L tank with 2x40W.
Neon, Black Phantom, Red Flag, Tailfin, Black Neon Tetra.
Flying fox, CEA, Shrimp.
Using Fluva 304 external canister filter (With surface skimmer).
Hagen C02.
For pic please refer my gallery (more update comming soon).

While I'm no planted tank expert, I would say 82 would be about as high as you'd want it to get. Is the fan blowing in to the hood or pulling out of it? If it's blowing in, try reversing it. If it's pulling out, can you put a shield in front of it? Unless the fan is causing ripples on the surface, I don't think it will have that much affect on your C02 levels. JMHO.

All my planted tanks are around 82F or a little higher. The plants are fine, even the crypts (they only melted when the CO2 levels went really high; temp doesn't seem to affect em.

I have neons/cardinals in the tanks, and they also are fine with the temps. Not sure about the rest of your guys tho. Do remember higher temps mean higher metabolisms; your fish will likely be hungrier, grow faster and not live quite as long in higher temps.

Also higher temps mean less oxygen. So it depends ont he fish you have. Neons, discus ect... no problem with the higher temps. Platies, white clouds, goldfish etc... that is a bit much. With Addeed CO2 and decreased oxygen levels I might be worried. But I would try that suggestion about setting the fan so it draws out in the air around the tank.

Back
Top Bottom