RIP Bristles :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

severum mama

Aquarium Advice Addict
Tonight I was looking in my 20 gallon and noticed the discolored tail of my dead bristlenose pleco, Bristles. :cry: Apparently he had been dead for some time. I had Bristles for about 3 years and I'm going to miss him. Poor guy.

I also noticed one of my gold pristella tetras dead and floating by my filter output. It's not been a good day for my 20 gallon. :x

BTW I followed these unfortunate discoveries with a 60% water change, in case anyone is wondering.

RIP Bristles and unnamed gold pristella tetra.

Ugh... I also lost a Bolivian ram this morning. It was in a different tank, but all the fish that have died were purchased around the same time. I've had them all for about 3 years, so maybe they just died from old age. I'll be keeping an eye on the tanks for sure, but there are no signs of illness right now.

RIP Scratchy II

sorry about your loss, i know plecos are pretty hardy, wasnt your fault, something else must be going on in the tank

Sorry to hear about your losses and I agree, definitely no fault of yours. I would agree that old age had a part to play in it (especially for the tetra), possibly a chain reaction since they were of the same age and source.

Thanks guys. I don't think anything is going on in the tanks. All my other fish are fine and there are no signs of disease, and no other fish have been added to those tanks for months. I'd had all those fish for a long time, and they were all adult size when I got them. I'm watching for problems, but not really expecting any. Too bad though, I really liked those fish.

Thats sad. To lose a fish is always tough, but at least he was in a world of hapiness cared by attentive owner. Sounds like he lived a good, long life.

Back
Top Bottom