RIP CRAB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaz

Aquarium Advice Addict
today I got home and made about 10 to 20% water change without turning anything off. I sucked in water up to the level of the intake filter upper holes so I ddint need to turn the filter off. then up added water dirctly and now I went and my red claw was upside down in one of his hiding places in the middle bottom of the tank :cry:

I know when I had my Australian Blue Lobster, he didn't last. My tank was also in the middle of the cycle at that time (A year ago when I started my 26G). They are very sensitive to water conditions.

by the way I came up with this is what i want for my upgrade tank.
my current stock plus
Gold Nugget Pleco is he any good for my new tank?
op gourami
gold gourami
pearl gourami
german ram
bolivian ram
and 4 rainbow fish maybe bosaims

with my current tank and all of these will I be over stock are they good tank mates and a 60g and will my leo grow to big to eat others?

Sounds like everything's ok, other than nitrates could be a little lower. But I wouldn't think 40 would kill anything. But then again, crabs, shrimp, etc, are more sensative, but I don't think that sensative. Hopefully some with more experience will confirm.

Ramshorn Snail would lthis be good with my stock and in the future maybe another crab?

what do you mean by just single fish for the rams? and your saying that the leo might fight with the rams?

Gold nugget pleco will go fine in your proposed setup. Just one of them though,they are very aggressive to their own species! Also if you get ramshorn snails be prepared to be overun fairly quickly. :D

Just remember the snails will multiply. As for the crab, is it preferred that they have access to the surface? If that's the case, could be another reason for the death. But if it's a completely aquatic crab, then should be no problem. Might want to check on compatability with the leo before getting more fish. They can get up to a foot in length.

I was just thinking that Rams liked to be in groups. My bolivian did good alone, but seems to be much happier since I added more, as well as more German Blue Rams. Also, because of their size, I think they would become lunch for the leo. The leo's are very aggressive.

I dont have a sense of how a one foot fish looks like but in this case I might wanna trade the leo anyone around Los Angeles area wanting one for trade? so what would be a good stock including the rams with a pair of each if i ever find any. I looked in a 50 mile arond my area and no one has any.

and my leo is one of the most active fish in my tank they swim around up and down the glass playing with itself

I'd do 3 or 4 of each of the rams. Have lots of plants, real or plastic, as they like them. I got 3 each myself. Will get more and move these to a 75G planted tank when I get it.

so then say my current stock plus
2 g rams
2 b rams
1 pearl gourami
1 gold gourami
1 op gourami
1 paradise gourami
4 raimbow fish
1 gold nugget pleco
and maybe
2 clams? or 1 red claw crab
and yes he had access to surface and spend alot of time there.

If in a 60G, should be fine, just watch for aggression with the gouramis. If you put in 2 of each rams, down the road you might want more, lol. I love mine, they are so cool. That's why I'm getting my 75G planted. Also, make sure the tank is well cycled before you get the rams. They are very sensitive. I'd make them last for adding.

Back
Top Bottom