Rocks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

teagybear

Aquarium Advice Regular
So, I have some nice rocks that I picked up and I soaked them in vinegar and there was no fizzing. I cleaned them and sat them in a bucket of water to soak and added a hefty amount of vinegar. The next day, I come back and the rocks aren't soft, but they have granules that shed off of them lightly leaving a whiter underneath layer. I recleaned them and put them back into the bucket without vinegar. Could this be an issue? If so, what would happen?

Possibly a sand stone.

Sent from my C5170 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Maybe, depends on size of tank and placement. But i dont think i personally would do it myself.

Sent from my C5170 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

probably erosion because the vinegar could have caused that to speed up. also it could be limestone because it dissolves in vinegar faster than in water (I did this experiment with chalk witch is made of limestone and I wanted to know the same with a rock, but all went well) also could be 15% sandstone and 80% limestone and 5% pumice (the fizz of the air being let out)

Back
Top Bottom