Rocks from outside...Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would not worry too much about the sterility of the rocks. I personally take a scrub brush and get the dirt off, possibly douse them with boiling water from a kettle, rinse again and chuck them in the tank.
I'm with tankgirl on this one..
Some rocks, when exposed to constant hot boiling water could explode.

I to would keep away from the bleach..

If you really want to clean them i suggest normal dishwashing liquid..and a good long hard wash in dechlorinated water..

on a couple of the rocks i got they had little spots of rusty type stuff so i had to drill it off. the bit got really HOT!

Thats why they invented Masonry drill bits, and Hammer drills.

I boiled them last night and they didn't explode 8O Did it only for about 5 minutes though...

But it's a little late now ^^; but thanks for the advice I'll use it next time I do it!

*kudos for you*

AshleyNicole said:
Do a search.. this has been covered many times before

not to be rude, but isn't that kinda the point of posting a question here? so you don't have to search all over the place for it? I mean, i could do a google search to ask just about any question i want, but its nice to be able to just post a question and let the answers flow...

Yes, and no. While the advisors here never want you to shy away from asking a question...when its a question that has been answered a few hundred times, and is generic, sometimes a search will yield accurate answers 10 times faster than posting the question again.
On top of that, hanging out in your own thread and posting every 5 minutes with no other member posting since your last post...well that's just uncalled for really.

malkore said:
AshleyNicole said:
Do a search.. this has been covered many times before

not to be rude, but isn't that kinda the point of posting a question here? so you don't have to search all over the place for it? I mean, i could do a google search to ask just about any question i want, but its nice to be able to just post a question and let the answers flow...

Yes, and no. While the advisors here never want you to shy away from asking a question...when its a question that has been answered a few hundred times, and is generic, sometimes a search will yield accurate answers 10 times faster than posting the question again.
On top of that, hanging out in your own thread and posting every 5 minutes with no other member posting since your last post...well that's just uncalled for really.

i know what you mean, i usually wait at least a day before I bump a question, but someone who is new may not realize that the question has been posted a lot before, or even if youve been here a while, you may not have realized it until it became important to you, know what i mean? Personally, i can never find anything when i do a search on AA.. it always comes up with posts that are completely unrelated to the searchwords i use.

AshleyNicole said:
i know what you mean, i usually wait at least a day before I bump a question, but someone who is new may not realize that the question has been posted a lot before, or even if youve been here a while, you may not have realized it until it became important to you, know what i mean? Personally, i can never find anything when i do a search on AA.. it always comes up with posts that are completely unrelated to the searchwords i use.

O_O that's what happened to me I got a bunch of random posts that had nothing to do with anything...

I love AA... don't get me wrong, i just don't have much luck doing searches here. And i can't keep up with all the posts that have already been answered, i try to read as much as I can.. but its almost impossilbe to keep up with it all, im sure a lot of the questions i ask have been answered millions of times before, but everyone has been wonderful and patient in answering and doing research for me.. and i try to answere all the questions i know.

Didn't want you to think i was downing AA Malkore.. LOL, i love AA :wink:

Back
Top Bottom