rocks or what

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lilme

Aquarium Advice FINatic
will rocks bag sold for gravile at walmart the lightly sharp stuf hurt my bottem feeders like shrimp corys plecos loaches ect :confused:

The edges look rather sharp, and it looks like it dose not have a coating so I wouldn't use it.

Sent from my iPod touch 4th generation using Aquarium Advice app

I used some marina gravel with a waxy coating that made it smooth it was from pet land.

Please please use sand.

We switched to sand when we decided to get dwarf catfish.

Gravel can really hurt their barbels and impair their ability to eat :'(

Sands cleaner too :)

Sand at the pet store and I think there's other kinds you can use. Maybe make a new post about it. We just bought sand at the pet store.

Go with PFS sand

I just did. Sooo happy with it

Larger/more even sized granules and much cleaner than play sand

And still very cheap :)

Try and find the tan coloured stuff, looks so much better

I also suggest sand. when I had gravel my bottom dwellers would not do much, but now they dig around all day.

is there a fish that will move it around so i dont haft to evrey day i love my tanks but id love to get 1 intresting fish that helps a wee bit in matnice

is there a fish that will move it around so i dont haft to evrey day i love my tanks but id love to get 1 intresting fish that helps a wee bit in matnice

There's not really a -fish- that will move the bottom of the sand. Unless your sand is more than a few inches deep, there is really no need to sift it around.

However, if you really need something to move it, I'd go with Malaysian Trumpet snails. Be aware, however, that they overpopulate a tank quickly.

Back
Top Bottom