Rocks, sand or nothing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bloodroot

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I currently have sand in my tank and however much I like it... it is driving me insane cuz it traps everything in it. So what are your thoughts on rocks vs. Bare bottom?

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I had exactly the same problem. I thought of the same options. However I asked the owner of my lfs and he recommended a fine gravel. It's larger than sand but when you put the gravel cleaner to it, it isn't all sucked up. I love it. Had it for a year now. I'll show a picture of it. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1413620435.404600.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If I had a large community, I'd go with fine gravel or sand depending on my stock. I have Discus therefore it's bb in my DT. Just so much easier to keep track of as they are a very time consuming fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium advice.

One time I did sand with bricks stacked up for crayfish. The bricks were already cast with holes in them so it was ideal for them.

You need enough flow to keep particles from settling and a strong enough filter to pick up said suspended particles..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom