Rollercoaster Ride!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GodFan

Aquarium Advice Addict
Wow! My fish have gone mad!!! I got some questions! Please will someone answer me! Usually everybody answers one question and none of the others lol
Ok so my mom (who does not trry to induce spawning) has baby glowfish! How do I take care of the babies! I dont have a tank to let them spawn in so the babies are hatching in the tank. I found them in water change water! And we found some guppy sized babies we thought were platy fry. Suggestions?

My pygmy corydoras (who i have tried to get to spawn) will not spawn. They just hide in a dark spot in my tank. They are healthy but dont appear to like the light. Suggestions?

How do you do water changes with baby RCS?

I have small round things swimming in my tank. Not jerky like copepods. What could they be?

Finally a wierd question. I know most people try to avoid introducing "pest" species to their tanks but I really want some Bryozoa or moss animals in my tank!!! How do I get them?!

Thanks and God bless!

you do water changes with a sponge over the suction tube so you dont suck up any fry.

You can feed them whatever, powdered fry food, microworms, etc. If they are alive this long they are already probably finding some sort of sustenance.

Your best bet to introduce 'pests' into your tank is to go to a local pond that has green soupy looking water and add a cupful to your tank.

1) for pygmy corys, try doing a water change with a bit colder water(liek 2-4 degrees cooler, worked for me:))

2) for WCs with baby RCS, just use an airtube, make sure its submerged in the tank, put the end in the bucket, use turkey baster to start siphon, it'll take 3-5 minutes for the bucket to fill, then replace with new water

3)i used to have the small white things too(idk what they were), but i think it was due to overfeeding, i cut back on feeding for 2 weeks, and there numbers drastically reduced

4) idk about the pest things.........maybe a river? idk:(

For the glofish fry I would get a net breeder but be careful with the cories because they can get wedged in between the net breeder and side of the tank when going up for air and suffocate. As for the pygmys and the light I would say to try to keep the light on as little as possible unless you have plants since cories tend to like dim lighted enviorments.

Ok fist thanks for the replies.
Jeta I am afraid to introduce a desease or parasite from the pond to my tank :(
Fish Boss would a regular vac with a net over it work?
Pleco I have live plants....

Then I would just give them more shaded areas

That's the easiest way I know to add lots of little critters, you could google around for some biological places that carry different types of small water creatures, there are a few out there, but it'll cost you a premium to get them.

Also, if you plan to do water changes with an airline tube, well, lets just say it's not a fast process, plus it still sucks up fry.

That's the easiest way I know to add lots of little critters, you could google around for some biological places that carry different types of small water creatures, there are a few out there, but it'll cost you a premium to get them.

Also, if you plan to do water changes with an airline tube, well, lets just say it's not a fast process, plus it still sucks up fry.
ok. I dont want all critters just the bryozoa.

What temp should I keep my tank at yall think? I have RCS, Pygmy cories, otos, and snails.

ok so 78 is good? Thats about were I am. My RCS are growing FAST!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom