Room decorating.. Fishy style

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rach101

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've decided that for my birthday (( april 3rd )) I want to redecorate my room. I want to make it fishy style. Ive already picked up curtains with Sea shells, corals, and all that pretty stuff ^^ any other ideas?

I actually saved a magazine of some home decorating mag my mom always got in the mail cuz it was a sea theme
One of the things they did was took a large mirror and glued sand and shells and starfish to it (it looks really awesome)
Also, they had a fishing net... er lobster net... as a canopy

If you havn't purchased your curtains n stuff... might i suggest a solid color... like seafoam green or something... that way you can decorate with items, and not have prints. Because in 5 years you might not like the curtains that have a print to them.

I like to think im pretty good with decorating, so if you want any other suggestions.. or if you want me to dig up that mag. for ya.. PM me =o)

well we are once my brother is out of highschool (( a year or so )) anyways.. Cant paint the walls rented house c.c. But id really like all the suggestions.. perferably things that can be transferred to my new room <3 we are gonna buy this time... ^^ I found the cutest little fishy figurines at the thrift store <3 The curtains i got though go with my wall and such. so if i want to make stuff match my wall (( its like a peachy sand color )) then it will match my curtains ^^

I was going to suggest this fabric (Wal-Mart has it) for curtains, but if you already have some....

Attachments

• 88_1_b.jpeg
    88_1_b.jpeg
    45.2 KB · Views: 97
Our bathroom is done in a underwater motiff, all sorts of shells, shell collages, shell pic frames, shell candles, framed undersea prints, really nice life size SW fish static stickers on the mirror, sealife shower curtain and a sponge dabbed underwater paint job on the walls.
its great and we like it alot.
If your gonna do it, go all the way :wink:

Rach101 said:
~ gasps ~ Its beautiful... now why did you go and do that >.<

Looks even better in person. :wink:

I actually picked a bunch up about a week ago...I am making some curtains out of it for a friend's fishroom....it was quite reasonable at $7CDN/M (probably works out to about $5US/Yard.).

Now see im not gonna be happy with mine anymore! Your evil... I think im gonna go looking at thrift stores for some stuff (( you can find the best stuff there! ))

You could go with a wall mural. They're a little tricky to put up but make a nice addition to the room. Here's a link to site that has a great underwater mural.http://egproducts.com/mural_details/dolphins.html

My girlfriend and I bought their Hawaian Sunset mural at Sears. Here's a pic of our room.

Attachments

• dsc00026__small_.jpg
    dsc00026__small_.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 75
Oh wow... The clock is awesome! and the mural is beautiful (( once again house is rented though v.v )) >.> ive got to have that clock... :mrgreen:

My girlfriend and I bought their Hawaian Sunset mural at Sears.
When I was a teenager, my room had a full wall photo mural like that, except mine was from the moons surface looking at Planet Earth, it was aprox 8'x 15'.
I had my room decorated to the hilt with psychadelia/rock/heavy metal, weird neat stuff like skulls ect...
But it was the mural that made all my friends jealous.

I hate having a rented house v.v everything i have has to be able to be taken down. Not even allowed to nail things on the wall. I have pictures but they are on little stickums that comes off the wall easy and dosnt leave a mark. ~ sighs ~

Rach101 said:
Oh wow... The clock is awesome! and the mural is beautiful (( once again house is rented though v.v )) >.> ive got to have that clock... :mrgreen:

Save up...they are "Sessions" brand aquarium clocks, and are circa 1950's...come up regularly on eBay, and usually go for about $150 for one in good condition.

Heh... okay.. plan b.. print off a picture of it and make a home made clock..

Back
Top Bottom