Ropefish Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thonglaw

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm a new aquarist - having just finished cycling my 30 gallon tank. What got me excited about tanks, for whatever odd reason, was watching a group of ropefish wrestling in a tank at a pet store. They made me look a little closer at fish in general and I my curiosity quickly grew.

So, now I've got a 30 gallon tank, fully cycled and healthy. However, i'm enjoying it so much that I'm seeing a much larger tank in my future. I'm thinking that all my current fish would be moved into the new tank and that the current 30 gallon would be used for some ropefish. I understand that they get quite large, up to 15", and was wondering if the 30 gallon would be big enough for a pair of ropefish and maybe some sort of plecostamus to help with cleaning. Could I comfortably fit any additional fish into this tank?

Anyone else out there with any ropefish wisdom?

TIA

There is actually a pretty good current discussion on this page about ropefish. Fist thing that should be said is that they get much larger than 15 inches. more like 30. But they are very windy... I have a paair in a 90 gallon. They would be fine in 30 probobly up till they are a year and a half old. Check the other thread out and let me know if you have any other questions about them They are by far my favorite fish.

Back
Top Bottom