Ropefish/Reedfish diet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ropefish will eat most types of sinking pellets, but also require some live food in their diet. Frozen is fine. Try blood worms, and brine shrimp when small. When the ropefish grows, it will love some earthworms or meal worms. You may need to get a long pair of tongs to introduce food to your ropefish. They aren't aggressive eaters, and are slow at finding food, so you can use the tongs to introduce food directly to your ropefish's snout to be sure it gets enough to eat.
They're escape artists, so make sure you have a tightly covered tank.

Ropefish will eat most types of sinking pellets, but also require some live food in their diet. Frozen is fine. Try blood worms, and brine shrimp when small. When the ropefish grows, it will love some earthworms or meal worms. You may need to get a long pair of tongs to introduce food to your ropefish. They aren't aggressive eaters, and are slow at finding food, so you can use the tongs to introduce food directly to your ropefish's snout to be sure it gets enough to eat.
They're escape artists, so make sure you have a tightly covered tank.

Thanks for the reply! And i'll try some blood worms

Thanks for the reply! And i'll try some blood worms

Avoid feeding Bloodworms everyday; Bloodworms everyday for fish would be like a human having steak everyday for dinner.
Incredibly satisfying yet unimaginably unhealthy lol.

Avoid feeding Bloodworms everyday; Bloodworms everyday for fish would be like a human having steak everyday for dinner.
Incredibly satisfying yet unimaginably unhealthy lol.

Thanks! And what would be the beat option for daily or what to feed it most days?

It would be best to get him on pellets (New Life Spectrum is my choice) however ropefish are known finicky eaters so Id start out on frozen brine shrimp and such.
As sherlar said some foods may require you to use prongs to introduce them...

Well its a brackish water fish but I believe u have it in freshwater since u said u have angels witj him too. Brackish water fish can thrive in freshwater for a short time and as they grow they need marine salt for there body organs to function properly.

Also, its a Carnivorous fish so bloodworms are not unhealthy for him. U can feed him bloodworms, krill, shrimp as u like. Donot hesitate to feed him foods rich in proteins.

Ur fish is a shy and non aggressive species and will do good with large and non aggressive fish because reeds can be easily timid by threats.

I suggest you to give him brackish environment which he needs.

Back
Top Bottom