Rosey Barab old in age became aggressive

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

haykay

Aquarium Advice Freak
he's old and out lived all his barb buddies, Im not to found of them (a bit to nippy amongst the males for me) but last night he went spastic and chased the crap out fo my swords that i added (after a long month of QT), he never did that for the betta or angel..any ideas as to why he turned?

The Barb is a schooling fish. You should keep them in groups of 6 - 8. If he's the last one there is nobody else left to chase except the other species of fish. In a group, they will pick on themselves with no harm done.

so you think i shoudl reup his school even though Im not crazy about them? he has relaxed tonight and is not bothering them much.. unless it comes to food.. which im relieaved and my male has been busy all the females look preggers now.!

You can either school him with others of his own kind so he can graduate or ship him off to college in another state (which really means trade him in or get rid of him in another way). LOL!

Back
Top Bottom