rosy barb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cartosbartos

Aquarium Advice Activist
hello just wondering if you would be able to help me out iv noticed one of my rosy barbs has a heap of little black dots up the top near its top fin and its restin at the back of the tank on the gravel gasping for air and not moving, its the only fish doing it just wondering if you could help

Hi, do you know your parameters? When was your last PWC?

Yeah the parameters were all in the range they should be except PH was a little high which im starting to drop slowly.
I see your from toowoomba too. I use to go to school there haha

Cartosbartos said:
Yeah the parameters were all in the range they should be except PH was a little high which im starting to drop slowly.
I see your from toowoomba too. I use to go to school there haha

No need to adjust pH. Fish can adapt to pH usually. It's better to have a stable pH than a chemically altered one that can fluctuate. When you say everything is in normal ranges what do you mean? Ammonia should be 0, nitrite should be 0 and nitrate should be 20ppm or lower. If you have any ammonia or nitrite do a PWC and if your nitrate is over 20ppm do one. It probably is a good idea to do one anyway to be on the safe side.

And yep! Toowoomba born and bred lol. :p

Back
Top Bottom