Rosy barb going crazy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tracie6283

Aquarium Advice Freak
Any idea why my rosy barb is just darting back and forth over and over and then up and down like crazy? Is that normal?

Have one other. Tried to keep at least 2 of everything because we have a community tank. And I'm pretty new to this so what do you mean by water perameters?

Do you have a canister filter that creates current from the output nozzle? My two rosy's do the same thing on the same side with the output ... often looks like they're playing with the current.

No canister filter but we do have 2 aqua clear power filters at each end and two bubble sticks under the rocks.

Do they do it ALL the time ... or maybe once a day or so? If so ... mine do the same thing. The real judge if they're stressed is do they hide the rest of the time, or do they swim around the tank.

While mine do swim crazily around the water current .. the rest of the time they swimming around happily. You could always get one more (assuming no overstocking issues) to have a small shoal of three ... that's what I'm looking to do.

Back
Top Bottom