Rotifers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nirbhao

Aquarium Advice Addict
A few months ago, in looking for fry food, I bought some rotifers. My fish ate them like cupcakes. I bought a second package and fed a cube every day. When I went to get more, the place I had gotten them didn't have them anymore. And no one else does, apparently.

I got some cyclops, because apparently the same size. No one eats them. At all. I remove every bit I give them, which really is a tremendous waste.

Why can't I find rotifers, and why don't my fish like cyclops?

You can try frozen baby brine shrimp if the fry are large enough to eat them. Most freshwater fry can eat either either newly hatched brine shrimp or there are a number of other micro foods ( ie infusoria, microworms, vinegar eels) to use if the shrimp are too large. Cyclops and Rotifers are used mainly by marine fish fry as a first food to get them large enough to eat bigger foods. Have you tried contacting stores that carry a large selection of marine fish?

I got baby brine shrimp, and they are not tiny! BUT I did find some rotifers today.

And, with the baby brine shrimp, they did get eaten. It just took a little longer.

Back
Top Bottom