Royal Pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmcgee

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was at an LFS is Green Bay, WI on friday for the first time. I've heard many good things about it and I was amazed when I got there how nice it was for it's small size. Well I saw a royal pleco in one of their tanks and fell in love with it. It is so interestingly colored. Sure it was $40 but I wanted it so badly. Now if I only had another tank to house it :lol: :lol:

Oh, and the other sweet deal I found was for a 55 gallon kit with tank/filter/heater etc. for $170 BUT if you buy it they give you $50 in free fish!!! That is quite a deal if you ask me. I'll be going there when I find room for the 55 gallon and then get my royal pleco and a couple other fish for it :D I can't wait..

i wonder how that deal works considering you get free fish with the tank...you definetely need to have it cycled before adding them of course

royal plecos look really sweet, but i heard they get big. i 55 gallon should be good for awhile, but if it gets over 12" i would suggest a new tank for it.

Well, I think they do get to be about 10" but i have a 75 gallon right now and by the time it gets too big I'll have my own house (not renting) and then I want to have a 120 or larger tank.
As far as the deal is concerned. I have plenty of media I could put into that tank or if need be put them in my other tanks until the 55 is cycled. You are correct though for a newbie it wouldn't work too well. Unless they give you store credit for later fish purchases.

i would just see if i could make a deal to where i could come back in a few weeks when the tank is cycled before getting any of those "free fish"

Back
Top Bottom