rubbermaid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

knills

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi ive acctually benn keping fish 4 about 6 yrs. and kept guppies about 3 times but they never actally gave birth so this time im trying mollies and so my question is if a rubber maid tub would mke a good fry tank with 1 or 2 spongre filters and a heater and then my second question is if it matters if the males and females are seperated and if so when do they reach sexual maturaty and need to be speratedif so ill just float a couple smaller ones as m/f areas thanks in advance

As long as the fry have clean environment, enough food and enough room to grow, it doesn't matter what the tank is. A sponge filter is an excellent idea because it allows for so much bio filtration and won't harm the fry. It isn't necessary to ever seperate males from females unless you're trying to isolate for genetic reasons.

thanks i acctually decided that a large ruber maid tub would be more suited for adults than a 20 gal all glass one so that will make it easier to find whitch fry to take out and dose it help the fry much to put them in a pretty salty brakish water or will it have the same effet to just do 2 tea spoons per gal thanks a bunch i just didnt want to poison the fry

I wouldn't change the salinity drastically all at once. Especially for fry. Mollies do prefer brackish water but are very adaptable.

Back
Top Bottom