Rule of aquarium broken !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swanandmokashi

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Rule of aquarium - The fish will hide 10 minutes before you have company and surface 10 minutes after company leaves :D

This rule was totally broken this weekend in my aquarium! We had company over and just a few minutes earlier the loaches, ottos and even 3 of the shrimps (I had never seen more than 2 shrimps at a time before) all decided to come out and facinate everyone :))

"Oh you have a fish tank...ummm...that's interesting...." I liken it to: "Hey everyone...the baby can talk and walk!" I been utilizing another method that seems to work. I will not mention company coming over in front of the fish. This way, everyone is surprised to "see" each other! :D

You are so right - I have this frog, and he sings show tunes, believe it or not. However, no matter what I do, the minute I bring someone over to show them, he just sits there and goes, "ribit." :wink:

TankGirl said:
You are so right - I have this frog, and he sings show tunes, believe it or not. However, no matter what I do, the minute I bring someone over to show them, he just sits there and goes, "ribit." :wink:

Tankgirl - For shame...I think I've heard that story before.... :D

Hello my baby hello my darling hello my rag time gal
send me a kiss by wire, baby my heart's on fire
if you refuse honey you'll lose me..

(ok yes, I'm an attention junky :p )

That's the song!! How did you know?

swanandmokashi, I do know what you are talking about, because I never see my cory cats or my BN plecos, and when they do happen to come out I shout and point at the tank and my husband really wonders if I have lost it. We are having a party this weekend so I am sitting here trying to think of how I can coax them out when people come over..... any tips would be appreciated :wink:

try this it works for me as you know fish can go a little wile without food just dont feed them the night before then before your party starts put a weekend feeder at the front of the tank. if your fish are hungry enough they will go crazy trying to eat it -hope they cant fit it in their mouth- :lol:

Jchillin said:
TankGirl said:

Tankgirl - For shame...I think I've heard that story before.... :D

Yeah, me too. I think it was from one of those Bugs bunny episode. LOL

8)

Back
Top Bottom