Rusty Betta?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sheltie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
There was a betta at petland in one of their planted tanks and it was a rusty color. It really almost looked like it was spray painted on, but it was so pretty. I was tempted to buy it and put it in my 20 gallon until i get my 55 set up. Part of its eye was even a rusty color.
Has anyone seen a betta that color? Ita body reminded me of an extra large platy and Im assuming it was a female because it didnt have extra extravagent fins males have.

I've also googled rusty betta and havent seen anything like it, so thats why I came here.

sounds like the poor thing had velvet. one of my bettas before I upgraded all 3 tanks, had a gold tint to him. 3 day treatment of AP Quick Cure and he was black! lol

Was it like a powder coat of rusty/gold-ish film or was it actually that color?

It looked like it was powdered on, but its whole body was covered. They had it labeled as something copper betta... I wish I could remember!!!!

I know a picture would help, but I didnt take one:(

It could be it's natural color, Ive just never seen like that one before. And tamtam, it looks nothing like it. It was a matte orange, the fish wasnt shiny.

It could be it's natural color, Ive just never seen like that one before. And tamtam, it looks nothing like it. It was a matte orange, the fish wasnt shiny.

It's probably just a regular copper betta. There are tons of variations, the one i posted is far darker and more brownish than most I've seen through google.

Back
Top Bottom