Sacrificing The 44 for the barbs/skirts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mad Professor

Aquarium Advice Activist
Like the topic said sacrificing my 44 gallon for my tiger barb's and black skirts. Basically They've been stuck in a 10 gallon for almost 2 years.

Stock
4 barbs
2 skirts
in
a
TEN
gallon!

What started it, was something in a Drs. Foster & Smith magazine about tiger barbs needing a minimum of 30 gallons and all that stuff. Since I'm not having any luck breeding and raising guppies in the 44 gallon. I thought I would move whats left of my guppy population *2 adult males and 2 fry, everything else died of NTS and OTS* into the 10 gallon and move the barbs/skirts into the 44 gallon which has two cory cats. After I give it a good clean up that is theoretically speaking of course.

Yes I have neglect it after repeated attempts to have a healthy small population of guppies, trying to breed them, and gave up. Now I am trying a different strategy.

I also have a 29 gallon which has been idle in progress and I have not the time to set it up or finish the work on it. I'm holding on in hopes one day to have a planted aquarium. :)

So... should I move my barbs to the 44?

Mp

p.s
I'm a dumbass.

Move your Barbs to the larger tank and provide places for them to hide. You'll love to watch them swim about and play when they have room and places to hide away.

Back
Top Bottom