Sad day :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScaryFatKidGT

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I started this little rimless 10g with ghost shrimp and 4 Scarlet gem badis, I was mainly using RO water so it was working great, I found out that the badis love blackworms and they seemed accustom to the tank... so today I come home and I only have 1...... I didn't pay a lot of attention yesterday but I know that over the weekend I had 4 might of only had 3 yesterday but deffinatly more than 1... so I'm looking all over the tank,r count all the shrimp, look in my dwarf hair grass where I have scene them before, I also have a reddish ludwiga? I think that they are hard to see in but after about 10 min I still only have one...... they couldn't of died and been consumed by the shrimp that fast? So I wonder if they jumped out? And sure enough there was one all dried up on my floor :(... I didn't think they were jumpers?!? They always stay near the bottom :/. Other thing is I still don't know where the other 2 could of gone.... to have 4 health fish for 3 weeks then now only 1...

I think I'm going to move this tank to a 20L... idk if I should keep rimless or just put a glass top on and say screw it.

They aren't jumpers. Ghost Shrimp will kill and eat baby fish. I don't know if they could kill a healthy Scarlet Badis ?

Sorry to hear this. I've only kept 1 or two at the most in a 10g with Cherry Shrimp.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

They aren't jumpers. Ghost Shrimp will kill and eat baby fish. I don't know if they could kill a healthy Scarlet Badis ?

Sorry to hear this. I've only kept 1 or two at the most in a 10g with Cherry Shrimp.

The 4 seemed fine, they chased each other and then stopped, no continued agrettion. Seemed active and healthy.

Test your water. Maybe move the Ghost Shrimp out.

I tested my water last weekend. Mayyyyybe .25 PPM amonia, 0 nitrite, I let it hit 40PPM nitrate so I did a 50% water change and my PH was 6.6. I'm going to get a TDS meter soon.

Back
Top Bottom