Sad/Stressed Guppy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gentry

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 4 guppies 1 male and 3 females 3 of them always hang out and swim around together and then the other one (female) is always on her own and doesn't hang out with them and usually hangs out by one plant or behind the heater...

should I take her back to the pet store (I have had her for a month) and she has been like this ever since I got her. - they were all bought at the same time. I don't want her to be sad. Not sure if this is normal or not.

She is probably being excluded from the pod or pack or whatever . I have a female like this but when I move her with my other guppys she perks up and is part of the action

It takes some fish longer to adjust to their new tank. If she's healthy, what does it matter who she hangs out with?

Well fish have personalities too , some of my fish are " get out of the way the food god ( me) is here!" and others are more " I'm gonna wait until they are all over there and take this opportunity to eat this algae wafer by myself"

Back
Top Bottom