SAE in Discus Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here are mine, they died earlier this year in a pH crash. But they are my favorite.
60074-albums11380-picture52589.jpg

Here are mine, they died earlier this year in a pH crash. But they are my favorite.

Aww :(
Mine are very naughty fat little piggies!!!
I can assure you they didn't get fat on the BBA I bought them to control :facepalm:

They are about 5 inches now.
image-2766889232.jpg

image-2893169887.jpg
I have a smaller one in another (pleco only) tank who took one of the pectoral fins off a dwarf loach that was about the same size as him. They had been good mates, hanging out and doing everything together, till one day the SAE snapped and started ferociously bullying the little loach. Poor loach has all the grace of a 3 legged dog now. :nono:

Hmmmm, in a bad twist of events I think I came up with a deviation to the rules of "peaceful" fish... If they are small enough for a mouth the discus might just EAT them. I fed the discus their meals prior to the SAE arrival and during acclimation but they seem to be becoming discus food to the existing tank inhabitants. :ermm::banghead:

Back
Top Bottom