Safe root tabs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shellyx

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've been given free tabs with plant's I've bought, they say they have a small amount of copper in them. So my concern is will they be safe for my elephant nose? He's not allowed copper in the tank. I'm thinking no, but what do you guy's think? 1430323218958.jpg

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

If he can't have copper, I wouldn't risk it IMO. Are you sure it's copper? Could it be iron?

All things need copper, even plants. Its a nutrient in their bodies, however high levels of copper can easily kill them.

The thing with these root tabs is that the level of copper is soo miniscule that it will never have any effect on anything in your tank.

Theres no reason to worry about using these tabs.

Ok thanks, it says it contains 0.025% copper and 0.22% off iron.
I'm just new to using these Lol so I thought I'd better ask, I'm just concerned for my guy ;)

Ok thanks, it says it contains 0.025% copper and 0.22% off iron.
I'm just new to using these Lol so I thought I'd better ask, I'm just concerned for my guy ;)

I use these tabs with shrimp with no problems which are quite a bit more sensitive.

Thanks Mebbid, I'll give them a try my Amazon sword is looking really miserable!

Back
Top Bottom