Safe to move fry to new tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bloodlucky

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ok my platy baby is about 6 months old and he's about an inch, and he's in a 10 gallon right now with his mother who is acting weird. The baby clearly isn't sick and I just want to move him to my 40 gallon because I want him to grow faster.

However on my 40 gallon I have a QuietFlow 55 filter and I'm scared he might get sucked in? Like I said he's about an inch so I really don't know what would happen. He's not exactly a fry anymore

You can try putting a sponge over/in the intake to block any holes he might get sucked into. Pantyhose also works.

It's easy, if your filter's intake's holes/openings are not large enough to suck him in then it will be fine. If they are then you definitely have to fix it. A sponge like bobby said or a net to cover it up will do, I recommend a net tho since it won't affect the water intake rate.

It's easy, if your filter's intake's holes/openings are not large enough to suck him in then it will be fine. If they are then you definitely have to fix it. A sponge like bobby said or a net to cover it up will do, I recommend a net tho since it won't affect the water intake rate.

Not nearly as large. I will move him tonight. The holes are about 2mm wide and he's about an inch hahahha

Back
Top Bottom