Safely Overstocked?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Redd

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 10gal that I divided(length wise) for 2 moon tail bettas, 4 glofish & 6 neons(divided on each side), and a apple snail, the tank has gravel, well planted with hiding places and caves. Its also heated(80deg) and filtered with 2 filters(overhang for 10-20gal and internal for 15gal). Water parameters are all good, 25-50% pwc weekly and had it for almost a year so assuming its fully cycled by now. All the fish seem to do great, the glo fish chase each other around and sometimes the neons get in on the "tag" game. My question is with the 2 filters and 12 fish, is my tank "safely" overstocked?

Attachments

• IMG_20120222_082751-1.jpg
    IMG_20120222_082751-1.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 85
I don't think so. Glofish need a longer tank (about 30 inches long, to be exact).
Glofish and neon tetras in a 5g is problematic. They need more swimming room.

Ah man, i messed up again. Alright thanks for the input. I'm setting up a 35long in another 2months so they'll reside in there.

Both the glofish and the neons need a lot more room, so both of those would be much happier in the larger tank. Looks good otherwise.

Davies97 said:
How and what did you use to divide it

x2 TRUST me I'm speaking from experience. He's right. No such thing. I was overstocked and had to re home a bunch of my fish.

Back
Top Bottom