Safer to transfer cherry shrimp or remain in tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chirikoo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
One of my cherry shrimps is now berried, and I'm wondering whether I should transfer her out of the tank with the neon tetras and to an established tank with nothing else, or just let her stay there.
Said tank with tetras is a 10G with a lot of java moss and hiding places, so would it be okay to let her remain there?

I'd move the shrimp to another tank to keep the shrimplets safe, they will get eaten by the neons at some point. If you do try to move the berried shrimp, be sure to move her to a tank that has the same water as the tank she is in, its the easiest way to keep water parameters exact. I literally transfer a few gallons from the current shrimp tank into a holding tank and then transfer the shrimp right after. Berried shrimp will drop their eggs if they are stressed at all.

The thing is, the shrimp are extremely difficult to find since they hide under the vast amounts of moss, so would it not stress the berried shrimp if I try to catch her?

Back
Top Bottom