Salt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Using some saltwater mix such as instant ocean it should be about 2/5 of a cup per gallon or maybe just a hair less.

You are gonna need a hydrometer so just mix it and check.

Alright. My first time working with salt and wanted to know if anyone knew how much to add right away to save time. Trial and error it is then. 2 cups is 1.008 so far

Keep calm and drum on

Why use any?

I'm not strongly for or against, have done it both ways, and am surprised the thread hasn't erupted into debate over it as its hotly contested with little helpful research. Just asking.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

I think the Op was asking about saltwater and just posted it in the wrong section?

I'm only guessing because I don't understand the 1.000, 1.105 stuff (and Mebbid has a SW tank and would know what it means)

It is probably for a brackish tank, that's a common specific gravity.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I think the Op was asking about saltwater and just posted it in the wrong section?

I'm only guessing because I don't understand the 1.000, 1.105 stuff (and Mebbid has a SW tank and would know what it means)
1.015 is a super low salinity for saltwater which is usually kept at around 1.025.

At those levels its for a brackish tank.

It is for a brackish tank for my mollies. I'm trying to create a brackish river environment and 1.015 is the recommended salubrity level for this environment. I did discover a bag of instant ocean for a 25g was enough to give me 1.014 in my 55g.

Keep calm and drum on

It is for a brackish tank for my mollies. I'm trying to create a brackish river environment and 1.015 is the recommended salubrity level for this environment. I did discover a bag of instant ocean for a 25g was enough to give me 1.014 in my 55g.

Keep calm and drum on
Thats gonna get expensive after a while. You would save money buying it by the box. I get mine from drs foster and smith

A bucket for a 160g tank is only $50 and would probably last a couple months with a low solubility

Keep calm and drum on

Back
Top Bottom