salt sensitive???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The corys definitely are. You could still use aquarium salt at half-dose but you should rarely need it.

i was told to try it because my catfish have something not sure what it is tho (white stuff on their heads) its not fungus it sorta looks like when your out in the sun too long and your skin starts peeling thats the only way i can describe it

cant get pics they hide in there pvc pipe untill night time and if i turn on lights they hide again (nocturnal) so very hard to get pics

Can you give me a run down of their behaviour?

Are they lethargic etc?

I have a pamphlet with common fish diseases maybe I can find it!

they hide inside their pvc pipe all day but as soon as light go out they are very active they eat their food and everything the only symptoms ive seen is the white stuff on their heads

i managed to get them out of their pipe and holding still olong enuf to get theese pics

Attachments

• P100112_16.40.jpg
    P100112_16.40.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 90
  • P100112_16.39_[01].jpg
    P100112_16.39_[01].jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 92
  • P100112_16.39.jpg
    P100112_16.39.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 85
I can't see anything, but I'm using the app and the zoom ain't great, sorry!

A few things it could be from looking at my pamphlet:

Fungus
Slime disease

Try this pic? It could help you identify :)

Attachments

• image-1249893895.jpg
    image-1249893895.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 110
i found theese pics online and it looks like that

Attachments

• Platydoras_costatus_4.jpg
    Platydoras_costatus_4.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 83
  • Platydoras_costatus_5.jpg
    Platydoras_costatus_5.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 88
noobaquarists said:
nope they seem to be breathing fine and everything it doesnt seem like there having a hard time

Try looking into slime disease, I'm not very experienced with this type of thing but it seems to point to it.

Here's what the pamphlet says:

•excess mucus covering the the body giving the fish a cloudy grey/white/blue appearance. The fish will often have rapid gill movement and/or be lethargic.

Try this site too!

http://www.aquatics-online.co.uk/fish_diseases.htm

When you found that picture, it most likely had a subtitle about the disease it was representing. Do you recall what it might have said?

When you found that picture, it most likely had a subtitle about the disease it was representing. Do you recall what it might have said?

no i just typed in striped raphael catfish and did a google image search and it was on of the first pics up it didn't say what the disease was or anything

I found the site you got the pictures from. They do not indicate that these are ill fish, in fact, they are simply used as an example of what the fish should look like. If yours looks the same, I have to think it's supposed to look that way normally.

LyndaB said:
I found the site you got the pictures from. They do not indicate that these are ill fish, in fact, they are simply used as an example of what the fish should look like. If yours looks the same, I have to think it's supposed to look that way normally.

Yea it looks like that's the scale pattern on their heads :/

Back
Top Bottom