Saltwater or freshwater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guy554

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I can't decide if I want to go with a salt water tank or another freshwater tank. All I know as of right now I plan on doing a 75 gallon, which kind I don't know yet. I have always wanted a saltwater lion fish but don't know what other fish will go good with it? If I were to do a freshwater tank I think it would be a discus tank. What is every ones opinion?

There price would be the same If your going diacus, no inverts with lionfish but there there are plenty of fish. I love the look at my SW, it's just so peace full, though FW water has a appeal to it also. IMO, I think the salty tank would be a great addition

I think so to, I already have a 45 gallon and a 30 gallon FW. I use to have a small SW tank years ago, wasn't very successful with is but as of today I have two very nice looking FW tanks with nice looking fish. All fish doing very well.

If you go with SW, I would recommend you bigger, rather than smaller. Any mistakes or mishaps you make along the way won't be as obvious with a larger volume of SW. Managing a small SW aquarium can be quite difficult, especially if you don't have a lot of experience with it.

I think so to, I already have a 45 gallon and a 30 gallon FW. I use to have a small SW tank years ago, wasn't very successful with is but as of today I have two very nice looking FW tanks with nice looking fish. All fish doing very well.

Lol, me too. Haha, I had to FW, then I upgraded one, so instead if letting a empty tank sit around, I started my SW. I do not regret it :D

If you go with SW, I would recommend you bigger, rather than smaller. Any mistakes or mishaps you make along the way won't be as obvious with a larger volume of SW. Managing a small SW aquarium can be quite difficult, especially if you don't have a lot of experience with it.

Define small, and large in gallon size? Please, I plan on a 75 gallon

Think I have made my decision. It's going to be a predator SW tank.

A great saltwater predator for a 75 gallon tank is the snowflake moray eel. Another option is a frogfish.

Back
Top Bottom