Sand bed for dwarf cories

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brookster123

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just got 6 dwarf corys, I have tumbled small gravel as substrate, if I add a good size section if sand will it satisfy these lil guys?

As long as the gravel isn't sharp, the corys should do just fine. Bad water parameters tends to do more damage to their barbels than anything. That being said; they would prefer some sand which you could add to the tank by dividing the sand with some strips of plastic so that it doesn't mix.

I was hoping I'd get your attention on the matter! So it's a 20 tall, Very smooth tumbled gravel, i.do weekly 30% wc religiously, well planted so very low nitrates, i was thinking of using some petrified wood as a border to create somewhat of a sandbox. Sound good? Do they like caves and tight hiding spots?

That'd be an interesting design. They don't really care about caves from what I've seen however they do nestle up underneath some of my plants.

That'd be an interesting design. They don't really care about caves from what I've seen however they do nestle up underneath some of my plants.
Cool, I'll post a pic when I'm done. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom