Sand Cleaner??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ian086

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi, does anyone know of any fish i could add to a 55g freshwater to keep my sand(playsand) clean??. I have a community set-up...Thanks, Ian

They are a tropical community fish very peaceful like to be keep with a few other Cory cats not aggressive at all and come in a few vairieties

Depending on the type of community you have you could add some new world cichlids. many sift through sand and stir sand up. Also, if you have good flow and current you can keep waste from settling on the bottom of the tank to give it an opportunity to get into the filter. On a 55g you might want to consider a small powerhead or two just to keep water moving at the bottom of the tank. That is, if your fish tolerate some current well and you don't find a solution with corys or cichlids.

I actually have a 600lph internal filter that came with the tank. It has an attachment to turn it into a powerhead instead of a filter. I'll give that a go....Cheers

Back
Top Bottom