Sand in my 150g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haha, it's actually quite genious. I just hook the garden hose up to my washing machine intake. It's exactly like hooking it up outside, just WAY more water pressure.

LOL well that could be one of the reasons why it is so cloudy! All that water pressure is sure to stir up the sand. A good way to add water back to the tank is to get a dinner plate and put it on the bottom of your tank, then pour the water back in on top of the plate. This way, the water doesn't splash directly onto the sand. Another way could be to pour the water back in onto a decoration that will prevent the water from pouring directly onto the sand.

another way to prevent the water from disturbing the sand is to use the end of a gravel vac on the end of your hose... if it is filled with water, it prevents it from shooting out as a stream. i do this every time i fill up a tank and i can put the vac tube 1" from the sand and it barely moves it around

I really appreciate the help everyone, after a 50% water change my tank is looking MUCH better. Although it isnt clear yet, I'll keep doing water changes. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom