sand oppinion for my 29 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
and since the playsand granules are circular do you think that'll help it airate by itself?
No, if it compacts, no air will get in there--no matter what shape the granules are in.

Not all playsand is aragnite based. The sand I used hasn't done a thing to the pH.

did u do the vinegar test? because mine came out positive. and what kind of sand did you get. i got the kind fmhome depot called tropical play sand. it says straight from the carribbean. thats all i can remember rightnow. id go outside and check the bag but its raining

Ok -- questions from the 'peanut gallary'! I just posted a question about powerheads.

I have the chance to get a 40/50 gal aquarium(it was my daughter's). I have a 50lb bag of playsand from Menards. More than likely my 4 convict cichlids will be going into the tank. I would need to purchase a new "hob" filter and air pump or powerhead. how would you recommed setting this tank up?

As a algae cleaner--would you recommed a pleco or CAE. Or any other suggestions.

thanks

id recommend the pleco. CAE's get aggressive. so ive heard. you could probally fit a common in there but id recommend like a couple bristlenoses or lots of otos. the emperor 400 will probally go well in that tank.

Back
Top Bottom