Sand questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got mine at tractor supply co. I'm sure you could find some at Home Depot, lowes, or other places like that too. It's really cheap, I got a 50 lb bag of it for under $10 and that was more than enough to do my 56 gallon, a 5 gallon, and to add to the sand bed in my 30 gallon. I still have about half the bag. You just have to be sure to rinse it really well, because it is really really dusty.

I use the black diamond blasting "sand" for sand blasing. They don't have it at lowes or HD (must be special ordered). tractor supply has it on hand.

I thought that's what it was but I still thought it looked kinda cool...lol@ phishfriend

I thought that's what it was but I still thought it looked kinda cool...lol@ phishfriend

I agree it doesn't look that bad. I thought about breaking out a cutting wheel and doing some customizing so it would work long term or just cut out the grating to fix in place of glass/acrylic. My wife quickly informed me how that wasn't going to happen. lol

Yeah I showed my wife and told her I liked it and she said no...lol

Back
Top Bottom