Sand - What to use for substrate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes! I loved it in our 3 gallon betta tank, planned on switching the pool filter sand in our 30g to this but moved 4 hours away & left the entire bag!

Sent from my XT1060 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Man that stinks but yea gettin the 90 tomorrow so prob. Gotta get two bags to fill it in. But thanks for the input. If you don't mind when you get a chance to post a pic of the betta tank?

Crappy IPhone picture, but this is it.

Attachments

• 1390140456563.jpg
    1390140456563.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 75
Seems fine. I haven't had any problems. Just use root tabs if you need them for your particular plants.

I have it too and I love it. It was super easy to clean. And makes my fishes color pop as well.

Sent from my phone cuz im too lazy to get on my laptop

Heres a pick of some black diamond sand

Attachments

• 1390154546625.jpg
    1390154546625.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 60
Nice, I have another question should I get 20-40 (fine) or 30-60 (extra fine)

I personally would choose the fine. I can only think of the extra fine sand we use at the shop for sand blasting and it's dusty.
If you opt for white, pool filter sand at any pool accessory store goes for around 12 bucks for 50 pounds

I used the fine & it was easy to clean.

I have 20-40 I wouldn't go any thinner because it might float if a fish moved its. And 20 because if you pick it up it fall straight back down without any problem.

Back
Top Bottom