Sassy Otos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mama Karoti

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have had my Otos for 2 weeks now and they are hilarious. Aside from being awesome algae eaters (my swords are IMMACULATE now), they are funny little fish. They are all business, and if another fish gets in their way, they chase them off like little Yorkies of the aquarium. My favorite is when my two 4" long SAE's are squabbling with each other near one of the Otos and he just chases them both off and they are scared of him! The SAE's are easily 10 times their size, LOL. Such neat little fish. They are definitely a peaceful fish--they don't harass or anything, just don't get in their way when they have a job to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have 3 in my 55g. Not one of them is the same color. I've also noticed them occasionally going to the surface to get a gulp of air. I haven't noticed mine chasing any fish tho.

Yes! I just saw one of mine go up for a gulp today, too. My cories do it all the time, but I didn't realize the Otos did it, too.

Yeah my cories do it all the time. I never knew otos did it either until I noticed mine and then I just thought mine were just weird.

It completely blows me away how immaculately clean my Amazon Swords are now. They used to be covered in algae.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1405777900.510599.jpg

So now these funny little fish are trying to shoal with my SAE's. They are like little mini-me's.

Back
Top Bottom