Satellite led fixture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you just want LEDs that change color with a remote they have led strips on amazon/eBay that do that for much cheaper.

I own the 48-60 with the RGB and remote. My FW plants took off when I got that thing! I'm sure there are higher PAR ones available but for almost all FW applications this will be plenty. Obviously getting a marine one when I finally get my reef set up going.

So these WILL grow plants ok? I just bought one and the comments in this thread saying it won't grow plants upset me. I got the RGB one with the remote. $150 @ Big Als.

So these WILL grow plants ok? I just bought one and the comments in this thread saying it won't grow plants upset me. I got the RGB one with the remote. $150 @ Big Als.

It grows plants great. I have the satellite plus on my 36 bowfront...mind you it is 21 inches deep...and my plants exploded when I put this light on the tank. The colors are awesome...you will love it. I have seen this light grow HC...I dread getting a bigger tank because this will be the first upgrade I do!!

This is before

ForumRunner_20131203_190347.jpg

3 weeks after
ForumRunner_20131203_190506.jpg

The first is a daylight spectrum florescent, the current is set on the daylight spectrum setting....you should see the tank now...Im shopping for pruning tools right now....that's the same substrate that was in it the leds just make it look so much better.

They are bringing out a new more powerful version of the LED+ this January. Details are sketchy but it is rumoured to have a built in timer and will grow a wider range of plants......

Most of the information that I have gathered on this unit regarding plants seems to depend on the water depth. From what I have gathered, and I hope its true because I just bought two 36" for my tank, is that low to medium light plants in a tank that is not real deep seem to grow great. The depth part has been a little difficult to determine as it varies from person to person and plant to plant.

The one I posted in link was same model free shipping and was going for cheaper

This is before

View attachment 210435

3 weeks after
View attachment 210436

The first is a daylight spectrum florescent, the current is set on the daylight spectrum setting....you should see the tank now...Im shopping for pruning tools right now....that's the same substrate that was in it the leds just make it look so much better.

What are you feeding your plants? Do you use Co2?

Got the 36" led +. Its very bright even not covering the whole top. I can't stop playing with the remote either.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

On low light WC are enough ferts. Sure it depends on stocking, if you have wide aquarium filled everywhere with java ferns under lowlight, maybe it will take some ferts...

Doesn't it also depend on the water? Like my uber soft water has basically nothing in it (except chlorine)

For sure it contains trace elemenst, here waer is really soft. I have a SW tank and a reverse osmose system for WC.

I can tell you the water out of the tap seems really clear normally, but filters in the osmose machine are dark brown. That's cooper, iron, and other nutriments in the tap that you don't see under clear eye. When I did a comparison test with Tap vs RODI, tap contained 100ppm TDS, and my RODI <1ppm.

It means my tap contains 100ppm of unknown substances. I know there's 4ppm chlorine, the 96 other ppm are nutrients (toxins, trace elements, metals, bacterias, salts, carbonates, etc.)

I just think for moderate planted tank under low light condition don't require ferts... Will cost money, possibility of algae blooms, and no need for it. Som

Back
Top Bottom