Satellite led fixture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dubs1281

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What's the difference between the 36-48", and the 48-60". Will the second be brighter than the first? Will it not cover my 48" 55 gallon? Need to know asap.

And the only difference between the regular and plus is the wired remote vs the wireless one. Thanks.

the 36-48 only has LEDs for 36" and then extendable feet for the rest of the length. If you get the 48-60 you will have LEDs for the entire length of your 48" tank (it has feet to extend to 60").

I don't know the answer to the second question sorry

the 36-48 only has LEDs for 36" and then extendable feet for the rest of the length. If you get the 48-60 you will have LEDs for the entire length of your 48" tank (it has feet to extend to 60").

I don't know the answer to the second question sorry

Thanks! Helped me a ton!

Difference between plus and regular is that plus has RGB LEDs in addition to the white. Regular bar only has white and blue LEDs. Also more control and functions in the plus.

Difference between plus and regular is that plus has RGB LEDs in addition to the white. Regular bar only has white and blue LEDs. Also more control and functions in the plus.

I can still control color and light settings on the regular right.

The second have more LED, so will have more output power.

I think you should go for T5HO lighting when it's for growing plants. CURRENT USA Satellite is more made for if you want cool effects on your tank. What you can do, is buy twice the unit, then you'll be sure to have enough power for your plants.

The satellite+ have colored LED for more effects and more leds on it.

Definitivately, If I would never replace my 2xT5HO for this unit.

The second have more LED, so will have more output power. I think you should go for T5HO lighting when it's for growing plants. CURRENT USA Satellite is more made for if you want cool effects on your tank. What you can do, is buy twice the unit, then you'll be sure to have enough power for your plants. The satellite+ have colored LED for more effects and more leds on it. Definitivately, If I would never replace my 2xT5HO for this unit.

T5's over LED's? First time ever heard that....

Yeah, I mean, I'll not go for Current Satellite instead my T5HO.

I'm currently buying a 60w R420R LED light for my reef tank.

I've seen review that Satellite fixture PAR levels are not so high... If it's not for growing plants, then satellite fixture can be cool for great options. They come with a dual channel timer, controlled by remote, effects on the remote, etc.

For few more bucks, you can find the R420R light 8000K. This is very more powerfull for growing plants. They cost 300$+ the unit, but very worth the price !

UFRN10K-2.jpg

For few more bucks, you can find the R420R light 8000K. This is very more powerfull for growing plants. They cost 300$+ the unit, but very worth the price !
Double the price isn't few bucks more ;) got mine for 150

Ahhh kk, here in canada, the Orbit system was 275$, so I bought Razor for 300$, it's more than twice powerfull. (For saltwater).

A thing I can tell you, is that I'm really happy with the hagen dual glo system. It come with dual T5HO ballasts, in differents dimensions (you take the largest for your tank).

In my case, I paid 125$ for the fixture, and 20$ per fluorescent additional. They need to be replaced each once a year. The fixture come with a mirror reflector (the most effective). The light is so strong that I can't keep it open more than 8hrs/day, but I can grow almost all the plants on the market, dosing CO2, and ferts.

That's your choice. If you want to grow only low to moderate-low lights plants, then I'll go with satellite+

Ahhh kk, here in canada, the Orbit system was 275$, so I bought Razor for 300$, it's more than twice powerfull. (For saltwater). A thing I can tell you, is that I'm really happy with the hagen dual glo system. It come with dual T5HO ballasts, in differents dimensions (you take the largest for your tank). In my case, I paid 125$ for the fixture, and 20$ per fluorescent additional. They need to be replaced each once a year. The fixture come with a mirror reflector (the most effective). The light is so strong that I can't keep it open more than 8hrs/day, but I can grow almost all the plants on the market, dosing CO2, and ferts. That's your choice. If you want to grow only low to moderate-low lights plants, then I'll go with satellite+

For me it was a no brainer, throw money away on t5 bulbs that's trash out enviornment or pay 150 for a LED that covers my 125 gallon and I won't ever have to replace it. I haven't tried the tougher plants to grow but I'm sure if I supplemented co2 and neuts there's nothing that wouldn't grow fine in the tank.

What are your thoughts about kessils vs the razor? Thinking about four of those when I convert my 100 gallon into reef set up

You can go for the 160W razor, very good for reef tanks. YOu have choice between 10000k or 16000k spectrum. I prefer 16000k for more colorfull corals, but they'll grow slower than with the 10000k.

Sorry to confuse everyone. Its not for plant growing. Its for my cichlid tank with only rocks. I want the satellite fixture for all the remote settings.

Ah, then I'll recommand this unit for U.

I'll say go with the Satellite+, it's worth the price, you'll have 2x more lignting, and more lighting = more fish colors = more exploading tank = more eye appealing

and you can control the white color with remote on the sat+

PROS: Color choosing + timer, no need to replace leds, will last 10year and bright light
CONS: High price when buying the unit.

Ah, then I'll recommand this unit for U.

I'll say go with the Satellite+, it's worth the price, you'll have 2x more lignting, and more lighting = more fish colors = more exploading tank = more eye appealing

and you can control the white color with remote on the sat+

PROS: Color choosing + timer, no need to replace leds, will last 10year and bright light
CONS: High price when buying the unit.

Can I change colors with the regular. It says it has a wired remote

Back
Top Bottom