Saw this light online, is it too much?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've often wondered about that site. It seems like they have a bunch of stuff for dirt cheap prices. I've thought about ordering some pc lighting from them to go over my 46 bowfront but I'm not sure how good the stuff is. I'll be curious to see if anybody has had any experience with them.

It would certainly do the trick. If it as goods as it looks, it looks like a good deal. If you don't have a glass top, you may have to modifty your existing hood or replace it.

It looks like a good deal to me too, but I don't really know a whole lot about lighting. I would probably buy it if I needed a new light for my 55 gallon. If you get it please update us on what you think of that site. :)

Looks like good product, but then again, looks are often deseving. Only problem I could for see is the light is 12000K That's not really the best if you plan on using it for plants. But I guess it would work. The extra wattage should make up for it. If you order it see if it will accept T12 bulbs. If it will, that's a steal for the fixture alone.

I found 6000k replacement bulbs for it. They were $29 a piece. So if you wanted to change the bulbs to something more plant friendly you have to figure another $60.

looks pretty nice.. i have 2x65w 24" on mine I would have loved to go with a single fixture but oh well.

Yea! Thanks guys :D That is exactly what I wanted to hear. I just have a shop light on there now so this will at the very least be a step up.
I was looking at your gallery, and you tank is very nice with all those plants.
I guess I need to add a new updated pic. I have lots more plants now :multi:

I have seen aquatraders.com ripped pretty bad on another board. PM me if you want to know which forum I am talking about. I feel weird posting the name of a "competitor" site. I have also heard that some people have had good luck with them.

Edit: I personally would not by from them and they are somewhat local to me.

ok.. here is my 2cents on aquatraders lighting outfits..
Ive helped a memeber here that had ballast issues with one of there fixtures..
Id say it was likely a wiring problem.. If I bought one I would dismantle it and inspect the wireing closely before fireing it up.. I reilize thats probibly overkill for most hobbiests but I wouldnt want to be depending on the light form one of those fixtures and have my tank going dark on me..
the most advantagious part of using T-5 HO is the design and effecency of the reflectors.. I would like to see closeup photo's of the T-5 reflectors in there fixtures so I could give my oppinon of the effecency of the design..
They have great prices on there replacement bulbs as well.. they only have 12000K and 03 in T-5 HO.. 12000K would be sutible for freshwater though.. and at 7 bucks a pop for 4 footers thats a price that will not be beat anywere from what Ive seen..

Back
Top Bottom